For Incoming Students
Welcome to UT Health San Antonio. You are joining the health professions during an unprecedented time in our history as we continue to battle the COVID-19 pandemic.
UT Health San Antonio has gone to great lengths to protect its students, faculty, and staff. We have had no on-campus transmission of the virus over the past year. As we work towards opening our campus to in-person learning, we are encouraging that all students receive the COVID-19 vaccine.
As a student in an academic health science center, vaccination may be important to your clinical trajectory, so we strongly encourage vaccination.
Please keep in mind that
- The COVID-19 vaccine cannot be given two weeks before or two weeks after other vaccines.
- If you are not up to date with your TB test, then you will have to wait four weeks after the completion of your COVID vaccine series to get your TB test.
- If you are currently in need of required vaccines and the TB test, we strongly recommend that you complete the required vaccinations before arriving on campus so that you can receive your COVID vaccine before you begin in-person learning.
Steps to follow
- Complete all required vaccines and TB testing two weeks prior to your COVID-19 vaccination appointment.
- Make an appointment for your COVID-19 vaccination.
- When scheduling your COVID vaccination, please make sure to use your UTHSCSA email address.
- Upon vaccination upload proof of vaccination to SentryMD.