Instructions for Obtaining a Fit Test
A fit test is a test protocol conducted to verify that a respirator is both comfortable and provides the wearer with the expected protection.
The UT Health San Antonio Environmental Protection Division provides respiratory fit-testing on an as-needed basis for all employees. Before an employee uses any respirator with a negative or positive pressure tight-fitting facepiece, the employee must be fit tested with the same make, model, style and size of respirator that will be used.
For more questions about the program please contact 210-567-2955
Employees seeking a fit test should follow these steps:
- Prior to your test, review the respirator training from UT Health San Antonio Environmental Health and Safety.
- Complete the OSHA Respirator Medical Evaluation Questionnaire
- Make an appointment with Wellness 360, UT Health San Antonio’s student and employee health clinic, by calling 210-567-2788 or emailing EHWC@uthscsa.edu. Please clearly state that you require a respiratory medical evaluation under occupational health.
- For your respiratory medical evaluation with Wellness 360, bring a completed OSHA Respiratory Medical Evaluation Questionnaire to your visit, as well as your Department ID and PID for billing.
- After obtaining the respiratory medical clearance through Wellness 360, make an appointment with Environmental Health and Safety for your fit test here.